Vietnamese Beef Curry
Recipe by Roz McIntosh
- 2 kg Greenlea Butcher Crosscut Steak (cut into 2.5cm cubes)
- 6 tbs olive oil
- 8 shallots (peeled and cut into thick rounds)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 4 tsp ground turmeric
- 6 tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs ginger (peeled and grated)
- 8 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 1200ml Restore Beef Bone Broth
- 6 tbs fish sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (finely sliced)
- 1/2 cup coriander (roughly chopped)
- 4 limes (cut into wedges)
- 1 red chilli (thinly sliced)
Preheat the oven to 160°C.
Place a large cast iron casserole dish, with a lid, on a medium/high heat. Add 2 tbs of the olive oil.
Brown the beef in batches and set aside. Add the shallots and carrot, sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the spices, seasoning, ginger, and garlic. Cook for a further few minutes.
Return the beef to the dish and pour over the Restore Beef Bone Broth and fish sauce. Bring up to a simmer, cover, and place into the preheated oven to cook for 2 hours until the meat is tender.
Remove from the oven and add the coconut cream. Reheat through on the stovetop. Stir through the spinach leaves and thinly sliced lime leaves.
Serve sprinkled with coriander, chilli, and lime wedges.